Art Donation - The Federation of Italian-American Organizations of Brooklyn
The Federation of Italian-American Organizations of Brooklyn also known as F.I.A.O. Brooklyn is the first Italian-American multicultural community center in New York, located in southern Brooklyn. Designed to serve primarily the Italian-American community and preserve the Italian-American heritage and culture, Il Centro is, nevertheless, well aware of the diverse communities that call Brooklyn their home. As such, Il Centro engages with the neighborhood through various programs, parent/child classes that encourage healthy development, daily after school activities, social services and multi-cultural initiatives that seek to appeal and embrace members of all cultural and religious backgrounds.
On the occasion of 42nd Annual Fundraising Gala, F.I.A.O. honored Concettina Ingravallo, Educator & Philantropist, NYCDOB (Retired), Father Michael Louis Gelfant, Pastor, St. Finbar Catholic Church, the Mother Church of Bensonhurst and Bath Beach Brooklyn which has been at the center of South Brooklyn communities for over 138 years, Joseph Casucci, CEO of FJM – Ferro Inc, one of the top fabricators & erectors for high-end miscellaneous metal & ornamental iron non-union projects in the NYC area and Salvatore Fronterre, Executive Director of the Patronato ITAL-UIL USA & President of the Com.It.Es of New York. Elected officials and civic leaders including U.S. Rep. Max Rose, state. Sen. Andrew Gounardes, Assemblymembers Peter Abbate and William Colton and City Councilmembers Justin Brannan and Mark Treyger as well as Francesco Genuardi, consul general of Italy in New York attended the gala alongside F.I.A.O. members and the Board of Directors. Brooklyn Reporter covered the event emphasizing F.I.A.O. efforts to support community building.
Thoughtful speeches, funny quotes, choreographed dancing and general good cheer made for a memorable event, made more so by the excitement of the silent auction centering around a beautiful 20x30 art print by Odeta Xheka Visuals aptly titled Flowery Dreams.
- Flowery Dreams is the third piece of a nine-piece series created from the original 70x70 Oil on Canvas Flowery Dreams. Reminiscent of the splash and drip method free of Jackson Pollock, this Abstract Expressionism-inspired piece as well as the whole series is a reflection on the dynamism of free flow movement as opposed to reflective, cerebral content.
- #3 in a 9 piece series; series created as abstract fractions of original larger piece
- Abstract Expressionism Artwork
- Original: Oil on Canvas, 70x70
- Original piece retail value $2,499
- Sold as stand-alone piece or create a statement piece with entire series
- Prints customizable with multiple sizing/archival printing materials/framing options; one of a kind print
- Predominant Artistic Influence: Jackson Pollock, Albert Oehlen
- Perfect for living room, bedroom, bathroom, dining room, office space
- Ideal for Interior Designers, Staging Experts, Collectors and those wanting authentic, unique and tasteful art for their home or office